USNA Alumni… nominations are now open for both 2020 TxGC Chapter & Foundation officers. All positions are available for nomination. Please consider serving your chapter, or Foundation nor both) and making a difference!
Positions available, one each for the Chapter and for the Foundation, respectively:
- President: accountable for the TxGC Chapter (or TxGC Foundation) in all aspects including activities, policy, and direction; provides the vision for the upcoming year
- Vice President: responsible for the execution of the President’s vision, and ensuring the overall success of the Chapter (or TxGC Foundation); typically expected to aspire to become the President in a subsequent term
- Secretary: responsible for administration and documentation of the Chapter (or TxGC Foundation); typically takes minutes at meetings and submits Shipmate articles (TxGC Chapter only); assists with social media and website administration as needed, although is not the webmaster
- Treasurer: responsibility for Chapter (or TxGC Foundation) financials; proveyor of funds; the Treasurer (or representative) should be at events where funds are received
- Board members: expected to volunteer as a committee member or leader to assist or lead an event or initiative (TxGC Chapter examples include golf outing, lunches, lunch speakers, fundraising, liaison with Parents Club, contributing to the planning or consultation of various other items as needed, TxGC Foundation examples include fundraising, SeaPerch, liaison with VSAs)
Some stipulations: Anyone can self-nominate or nominate; must be a USNA Alumni to serve as an Officer for the TxGC Chapter, can be a non-Alumni for TxGC Foundation; should be member or associate member (non-Alumni) of the Chapter; expected to be an active participant in the Chapter (or Foundation) and attend board meetings.
Deadline to nominate is 16-December. Elections will follow the nomination period and will close 27-December. The term for all positions run the 2020 calendar year.
To nominate yourself or another Alumni, please email: