March Speaker: Don Houk, Lone Star Flight Museum
Living History Presentation: The Doolittle Raid: Immediately after the Japanese surprise attack at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, on December 7, 1941, President Franklin Roosevelt ordered our military to attack Tokyo, the capital of the Japanese empire. At that time, we did not have an airplane that would go that far. Therefore, under a tight veil of secrecy, Lt. Col. James H. “Jimmy” Doolittle was selected to put together a plan to place medium Army bombers on an aircraft carrier for the purpose of completing the order issued by President Roosevelt. Many things went wrong! By special permission by the Doolittle Raiders themselves, Lone Star Flight Museum presents the only first-person presentation of this momentous event.
TxGC MEMBERS ALWAYS GET $5 OFF!
- TxGC Members, use the discount code, provided via email, at check out
- Ice tea, water, soda, cash bar
- Choice of Sicilian salad or Mama’s gumbo
- Choice of entree
- Chicken John Kim: grilled chicken topped in mushrooms, roasted peppers, white wine butter sauce
- Penne Pasta with Meat Sauce: traditional penne pasta with Mama’s slow cooked meat sauce
- Blacked Trout: filet topped with etoufee served with red-skinned mashed potatoes and vegetables
- Choice of chocolate cake or cheesecake