March Speaker: Don Houk, Lone Star Flight Museum
Living History Presentation, The Doolittle Raid: Immediately after the Japanese surprise attack at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, on December 7, 1941, President Franklin Roosevelt ordered our military to attack Tokyo, the capital of the Japanese empire. At that time, we did not have an airplane that would go that far. Therefore, under a tight veil of secrecy, Lt. Col. James H. “Jimmy” Doolittle was selected to put together a plan to place medium Army bombers on an aircraft carrier for the purpose of completing the order issued by President Roosevelt. Many things went wrong! By special permission by the Doolittle Raiders themselves, Lone Star Flight Museum presents the only first-person presentation of this momentous event.
- Friday March 6: 11:30am – 1:00pm
- Tony Mandola’s Gulf Coast Kitchen: 1212 Waugh Dr. Houston, Tx
TxGC MEMBERS ALWAYS GET $5 OFF!
- TxGC Members, use the discount code, provided via email, at check out
- Ice tea, water, soda, cash bar
- Choice of Sicilian salad or Mama’s gumbo
- Choice of entree
- Chicken John Kim: grilled chicken topped in mushrooms, roasted peppers, white wine butter sauce
- Penne Pasta with Meat Sauce: traditional penne pasta with Mama’s slow cooked meat sauce
- Blacked Trout: filet topped with etoufee served with red-skinned mashed potatoes and vegetables
- Choice of chocolate cake or cheesecake
Enjoy an evening of walking down memory lane, laughs, and fun, starring and co-written by TxGC member and USNA Alumni, Katherine Engleman ’81.
A musical evening about navigating childhood myths, pioneering at the Naval Academy, drifting at sea, and finding redemption. Come and enjoy stories and songs that will inspire you to take command of your own ship!
Southeast Texas Regional SeaPerch Competition, presented by USNA Tx Gulf Coast Foundation.
- Keynote and awards presentation by Astronaut Sunita Williams ’87
- 70 teams representing 30 area schools
This year marks the 2nd year that the Tx Gulf Coast Foundation (affiliated with our TxGC Chapter) has teamed up with Fort Bend ISD in hosting the Southeast Texas Regional SeaPerch Competition. We invite our USNA Alumni to attend and interact with the next generation of problems solvers and STEM stars. Perhaps meet a few future USNA Midshipmen and Navy Officers. Your interactions and Navy stories, and experiences represent USNA, and you serve as a USNA ambassador, helping students better understand USNA.
- Saturday March 28, 2020
- Fort Bend ISD Aquatic Center: 16701 Bissonnet St. Sugar Land, TX
- For more info, contact Chris Black ’07 at email@example.com
Congratulations to you, our members. The Chapter has again been recognized as a Distinguished Chapter for 2019, and it was possible only because of our TxGC Alumni and members. Distinguished Chapter was created in 2017, by the Alumni Association, to recognize Chapters that have met specific guidelines in member services, participation, community outreach, communication, and recruiting. The TxGC has been a Distinguished Chapter in 2018 and now, 2019.