Joint Event with SMU Alumni. Join us at the NEW Buffalo Bayou Brewing Co.’s new location, for great craft beer and food, and Navy victory.
Eureka Heights Brew Co. now the official beer sponsor of the Pre-Game Tailgate. Each tailgate ticket includes free beer from Eureka Heights.
Tailgate NAVY, presented by El Tiempo Cantina
(the official tailgate of USNA & TxGC)
- “Cougar Woods” 4031 Cougar Village Dr.
- 1 block from TDECU Stadium
- Saturday Nov 30, starting 3 hours prior to kick-off
- Food provided by El Tiempo Cantina
- If breakfast: scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, refried beans, tortillas, fruit, salsa, cookies
- If lunch: chicken and beef fajitas, rice, refried beans, tortillas, salsa, cookies
- Drinks included
- Complimentary beer, courtesy of Eureka Heights Brew Co.
- Coffee, juice (if breakfast), iced tea (if lunch), water
- Presentation by Superintendent or Commandant and the USNA Alumni Association (Annapolis)
- Free admission for Midshipmen in uniform
Navy vs. UH Football Game tickets
- TDECU Stadium: Univ of Houston campus
- Saturday Nov 30: kickoff TBD
- Discounted game tickets (these are not the same tickets sold by NAAA/navysports.com)
- Section 329 and 328
- Seats assigned, best available, on first come basis
- Ticket will be emailed to the purchaser
- 50% discount for Midshipmen in uniform (must have disc. code via Midn. email to email@example.com)
December Monthly Lunch with the Honorable Chase Untermeyer
Ambassador Chase Untermeyer will speak on the US relationship with Saudi Arabia, from the early days when Texans began poking in the sands looking for oil to the present, when the Trump Administration maintains close ties with the Saud family despite widespread criticism of their rule.
Chase Untermeyer is founding chairman of the Qatar-America Institute, which aims to increase understanding of the important Qatari-American relationship in security, education, and energy. From 2004 until 2007, he was United States ambassador to Qatar, on appointment of President George W. Bush.
A 1968 graduate of Harvard College with honors in government, he served during the Vietnam War as an officer in the United States Navy aboard a destroyer in the Western Pacific and as aide to the commander of US naval forces in the Philippines. Upon his return to Texas, Ambassador Untermeyer was a political reporter for the Houston Chronicle and a member of the Texas House of Representatives, elected for a district in Houston.
He left the Legislature in 1981 to go to Washington as executive assistant to then-Vice President Bush.Three years later, President Reagan appointed him Assistant Secretary of the Navy for Manpower & Reserve Affairs. When George Bush became president in 1989, Mr Untermeyer returned to the White House as Director of Presidential Personnel and in 1991 was appointed Director of the Voice of America.
TxGC MEMBERS ALWAYS GET $5 OFF!
- TxGC Members, use the discount code, provided via email, at check out, and get $5 off regular or advance, online price, for each ticket purchased
- $35 per person (regular price)
- $30 per person (advanced, online price)
- Ice tea, water, soda, cash bar
- Choice of Sicilian salad or Mama’s gumbo
- Choice of entree
- Chicken John Kim: grilled chicken topped in mushrooms, roasted peppers, white wine butter sauce
- Penne Pasta with Meat Sauce: traditional penne pasta with Mama’s slow cooked meat sauce
- Blacked Trout: filet topped with etoufee served with red-skinned mashed potatoes and vegetables
- Choice of chocolate cake or cheesecake