Stop by and say hello. In beautiful, Southeast Texas. “No-host” means no commitment. Just enjoy some conversation and lunch- as long as you’re buying your own way. Shoot John Augusto an email if you’re coming, just so he’s looking out for you. email@example.com
National Security and International Conflict: China & Russia
Lunch and discussion presented by Prof. Richard Stoll, Rice University, Albert Thomas Professor of Political Science
In addition to being well known as one of Rice University’s outstanding teachers, Professor Stoll is an accomplished scholar of international conflict. He has used computer simulation techniques and statistical analysis to study topics such as arms competitions, comparative foreign policy, and political realism. Dr. Stoll recently participated in a ten university effort funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF) to collect data on militarized interstate disputes. Along with Devika Subramanian of Rice’s Computer Science Department, Dr. Stoll is engaged in an effort to create events data from online news sources and to predict the outbreak of serious international conflict. This research has been supported by the National Science Foundation.
TxGC MEMBERS ALWAYS GET $5 OFF!
- TxGC Members, use the discount code, provided via email, at check out
- Attendance limited to meet COVID protocols
- Ice tea, water, soda, cash bar
- Choice of Sicilian salad or Mama’s gumbo
- Choice of entree
- Chicken John Kim: grilled chicken topped in mushrooms, roasted peppers, white wine butter sauce
- Penne Pasta with Meat Sauce: traditional penne pasta with Mama’s slow cooked meat sauce
- Blacked Trout: filet topped with etoufee served with red-skinned mashed potatoes and vegetables
- Choice of chocolate cake or cheesecake